Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hearts, hearts...hearts

Baby Millie's new blanket :-)
Yay, finished at last!
I'm really happy with the way it turned out...I really wasn't sure about it until I added the polar fleece backing...but it gave it heaps more 'body', and helped it to stay in shape...(it also makes it more 'baby friendly' because it's so soft).
Hopefully now, I can quickly finish her quilt, and get it sent off, with the blanket and jacket, to the UK for her to use before she gets too big :-D

11 comments:

fitknit said...

That looks so sweet.

You have done a marvellous job!

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous. I love the colours and the way you've put it all together.

joyce said...

WHat a cute blanket! I love the colors. Well done.

Monika said...

Abolutely wonderful and cute!

knitnut said...

Your heart blanket is so cute. How did you applique the hearts down? Just whip then down with the coordinating yarn? I love it. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Those are so charming! I hope some of my friends will start having girl-babies so I can put that technique to use!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Gosh, this blanket is absolutely awesome - the hearts are so cute, and I love how the colours go along together! Fantastic job indeed!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

Shelley said...

What a beautiful blanket! Job well done!

Here from a trip on the Knitting Path!

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt!

csalamon722 said...

I love your blanket. I would love to make one for my daughter. Do you have a pattern?

zees5 said...

Wow! This heart quilt is absolutely beautiful. Where can I find instructions for this? My friend is having a baby. Beautiful job!