Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Rocket Man


I started making this cot quilt for the Little Star Man of our family :)

It fits in great with my stashbusting because I wanted it to have a really scrappy look ... plenty of tiny little pieces to use up on all of those free-pieced stars!
The pattern is from a book that I received as a pressy some time back, called Material Obsession.

The pattern is written for a pre printed panel to go in the centre, but I decided to go with applique for mine instead ... so far I've got up to cutting the applique shapes out of paper, and getting the placement right ... the next step is to decide on which fabrics to use :) The main inspiration for the rocket ship came from this awesome free applique from Kellie at Don't Look Now (thanks Kellie, it was just what I needed :))
...and ... I think that I've just found a great soft toy to accompany this quilt ... (that is so me, planning my next project before I'm even close to finishing this one!!) :D

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That is so cute! Some little guy is going to love it.

gracielynn's said...

a girl after my own heart..
A knitter who sews retro. or a seamstress who knits !
currently my dd & I have a retro dress cut and ready for her.
also I have just completed my first sock, w/this yarn :-)
I'm looking for a project to use my handpainted sock yarn for.
maybe a shawl.. ? or a shrug ?
Great to have found you !