Friday, April 27, 2007

Lounging in style!

....so this has gotta be my best op shop purchase EVER!...I'd never heard of Bonfit patterners before, but as soon as I saw it propped up in the craft section with the template of the pants piece on the front..I knew it was going to be good :-) So of course, I grabbed it quick, paid my $12.50 (yep! $12.50!!) and pretty much ran out of the shop to my car.... ....Yes it's good!..how have I never heard of these before?!
I'm guessing that it must have been sold originally in Aus, because the video plays fine, and has a PAL compatability sticker on it. I'm on the look out for the bodice and the skirt versions now (don't suppose it will be as easy as walking into the op shop again though!) I thought I would test it out on some lounge/pj pants...I used a piece of sheeting that I had in my stash (originally going to be a quilt backing), and followed the patterner guide for palazzo pants...the result? - a perfect (and stylish ;-D) alternative to my old trackydaks :-) Love it, love it, love it!!
(and the best bit is, there's no annoying paper pattern to fight with...I drew the pattern straight onto the fabric)

4 comments:

2paw said...

I have seen these advertised in books!! What a fantastic bargain and what great lounging trousers: which are all the go at the moment!!

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued! I've never even heard of such a thing. How exactly does it work?

picperfic said...

I googled bonfit and got some results, most of which tell me that you should have paid about $50 dollars for that pattern! It's an intriguing system and you pants look great!

erinkate said...

Those are amazing. Tell me: how did you shorten the crotch? Did you bring it up, or did you drop the waist?