Monday, June 21, 2010

That 70's Skirt

Browsing through some old sewing patterns at the op shop, I found a little book dating from about the 70's, containing heaps of miniature dressmaking patterns. Not knowing what it was, I did a quick Google search, and discovered the world of Lutterloh :) It seems like such a cool, clever idea ... you take just two body measurements (bust and hips), and using the Lutterloh measuring scale, draft out the patterns from the miniature schematics. The book I bought was Supplement number 135, and didn't come with the scale ... however, I ordered the current Lutterloh complete system(which includes the patterns, instructions and more importantly, the scale tape) :)....so here we have skirt pattern number 105 (from supplement 135)... the illustration was a bit vague so I wasn't totally sure how it would look (or whether it would fit!), but unbelievably, using only my hip measurement, it turned out great and was really easy to draft :) I can't wait to make more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you. I only just discovered Lutterloh, it is brilliant! enjoy it! you have done a great job

Unknown said...

Wow - the skirt is great! The drafting sounds too good to be true : ) I love the fabric you chose!

Angelic Cow said...

skirt looks great, does this system work only on the patterns they provide or is it a complete drafting system?

michelle giacobello said...

I've just bought a Lutterloh system on ebay and am pretty excited though havn't had a go yet. Glad to see you found it easy to use. I can't wait to get into it!

MarieBayArea said...

i love the pretty floral print. lovely skirt!