Monday, September 10, 2007

A better top for the tube

After trying on my Tube Top with every other top I own (!!), I finally found a combination that I'm happy with. I liked the shrug from my last post, but it is nowhere near as wearable as with my new Rowena...I still need to add straps to the Tube Top so that I don't have to keep 'adjusting' myself, but other than that, I'm now more than happy with it's fit and feel :-)








...like I don't have enough projects started already ;-D...a mindless knitting project was needed this weekend to fit in with some lazy TV watching... (how cool that Captain Jack Harkness was on Doctor Who, after Channel 10 axed Torchwood before the season end,...really, do you think that Channel 10 were even aware that they were buying Doctor Who?! :-D )
After googling to see if there was going to be a second series, I found this program description from the BBC website that really made me laugh:
Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life Yep...I think that pretty much covers it!!!...and yes there is a second series with James Marsters guest starring...oh how we miss Spike!
ok...back to my knitting :-D I decided on a mitred square blanket made out of random creamy/beige yarns...they're all different weights and textures, but hopefully, that will be the 'appeal' of the finished blanket...I'm thinking of knitted appliqued flowers to finish it off (I got the Knitter's Bible from the library, which has a really nice leaf/petal pattern in it)...maybe in some pastel pinks, blues and greens...

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Just to let you know-Torchwood hasn't been axed as such. Just moved to 12midnight on Tues night (I think that's right). It took me a couple of weeks to find this out.....

2paw said...

Leonie beat me!! The last episode is on tomorrow night. I can't watch last week's Dr Who till I have watched the last 3 episodes of Torchwood as there is The Crossover!! Do you want the last 3 episodes?? LMK!!
I love Spike too!!!

inkberryblue said...

The tube top and the cardigan look gorgeous. I love the pretty colours, ruffles and lace.

opportunityknits said...

I bought the Knit2 Together book recently to knit Rowena one day and I'm so pleased to see how beautifully your Rowena turned out in a lighter colour.

madametricot said...

I see you take your pictures in the mirror. Why not turn it around and thake the picuture of yourself. It works! Succes.
madametricot.