Friday, June 22, 2007

Dollar skirt!

I tested out my new Bonfit skirt patterner yesterday...All I wanted was a basic, A-line(ish) skirt, with as little detail as poss, and something quick that could be worn today...so here it is!..my VERY basic skirt, made from one metre of fabric that I bought from the Op Shop for a dollar. The fabric had the added bonus of being slightly stretchy, which eliminated the need for any kind of fastening...it has two side seams and a hem at the top and the bottom. I made the waist measurement bigger, so that it would go on easier, and so that once it was on, it would settle more on my hips than waist (fitted waists always make me feel uncomfy, like I've been chopped in half!)
It took less than an hour to make, and fits and feels great :-)
I bought about $20 worth of fifty cent/one dollar fabric whilst I was op shopping ... most of it will have to wait for the summer, but I'm really pleased that there were a few pieces that I can use to make more winter skirts :-)

5 comments:

Crafty Things said...

Very pretty skirt. Isn't it a great feeling when you finish something and get to wear it for the first time.

Unknown said...

Well done on the moneysaving. The skirt certainly fits well, and looks great.

Monika said...

The whole outfit looks great!

2paw said...

Skirt looks fabbo!! And a bargain as well. I love a bargain. I whipped up some lounging pants for a Gallifreyan this week: inspired by your post in May!!!

KB said...

Love the fabric! Great job!