Friday, November 24, 2006

Some more baby stuff...

...this time, a blanket :-)
My neice's baby is due this week, so I thought I'd better get moving on some more knitting for her. I'm using some Bernat Soda Pop 'leftovers' that I have, and at the moment I'm just making some diagonal garter stitch squares. I found a great pattern for garter stitch hearts, in Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. A few weeks ago, I was searching everywhere for a garter stitch heart to applique onto this red blanket, but after no success in finding one, I had to improvise by knitting to a heart shaped template...wouldn't you know it!..as soon as I stopped looking for a heart pattern, my EZ books arrived from Ebay, with THE most perfect (adjustable sized) garter stitch heart!!!...so of course, I had to use it here :-D
I'm also planning to sew a quilt as soon as the baby is born, so I guess I'm gonna be busy with a fair bit of baby stuff for now :-)

No comments: