Monday, February 09, 2009

A Quilting Ravelry....

...how good is that?! Anybody that has ever used Ravelry for their knitting addiction, will know just how awesome that site is. I've been reading on people's blogs for ages, how everyone wants a quilting equivalent, and yippee!!!...it looks like there may be one forming :-) Quiltgroup is now in the process of sending out invitations. Mine came within a week, and so far, it looks like the site will be a good one! My username over there is Linda

It's still been too hot to knit here in Adelaide, so I got to work on a new quilt instead....I've got no real plan in mind for it, other than I want it to be 'liberated' and busy!
The quilt so far...
.

5 comments:

2paw said...

Oh thank you for the link!! I am just making a little quilt for my aunt's 70th birthday next week!!It has been so hot everywhere, luckily we seem to be having 20*C all week after our hottest day in 100 years last week!!!
Happy quilting!!!

Anonymous said...

wooo hooo, that is exciting to hear! I'm on Ravelry and have long wished for a quilting equivalent.

Micheleknits said...

your sweater is just what i was looking for. Thank you. Is your quilt blocks paper pieced? My name on ravelry is micheleknits and I just signed up for the quilt site thanks
Michele

Sheila said...

Is this site still doing beta testing? Such a good idea.

sweetAfton said...

I've only been on Ravelry for about a year, but I've recently become addicted to using the stash feature their for cataloging my growing inventory. This site sounds like a great place for dealing with my also growing fabric stash. Is it still up and running? Does it offer a stash/project function like Ravelry?